Sunday, March 11, 2012

distracted.


I started this post about two and a half hours ago. (it's currently 10:27 PM)
I knew I wanted to write something about distractions and tangents and details.
And then I got distracted. 
text message.facebook notifcation.dinner.text message.tweet.dessert.look up song lyric stuck in head.clean up dishes.lingo.read an article.close the garage.
you get the picture. 

Now it's getting late and I'm still exhausted from this weekend, but I'm determined to write something each Sunday. So, here's what I've got:

I was listening to Jason Mraz's Details in the Fabric and thinking about how easy it is for me to get caught up in the details of life. Let me rephrase that, it's so easy for me to worry about the details of life.  I have found that the details shouldn't be overlooked, but that doesn't mean I can/should obsess over them. I'm learning (and by learning, I mean I'm definitely still in the process of learning) the best way to handle the details is one. at. a. time. Otherwise, I find I'm quickly overwhelmed and don't feel like I want anything to do with any of them. 
all the details in the fabric are the things that make you panic
I am learning that when I slow down, I can hear that still small voice amidst the chaos and sort through the details.

So why should I worry, why should I freak out? God knows what I need.
Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. -Philippians 4:6-8





No comments:

Post a Comment