Sunday, May 8, 2022

a letter to Bboy.

Dear Auggie,

My sweet boy, while I can remember life before you, it’s near impossible to imagine it without you now. On our second Mother’s Day, and our first since you’ve been born, I want to jot down a few things for you.

Your dad and I were talking today about how lucky we feel that you’re such a low-key baby. You have the sweetest temperament, with a silly streak that brings us so much joy. Your laughter is infectious, and we are having so much fun finding new ways to hear it. You are fascinated by your dog, and he very patiently obliges your not-so-gentle love. Sometimes you make faces that I’ve often made. Other times I take a photo of you and see so much of your dad. And while it’s so fun to see what parts of ourselves we’ve passed on to you, I love that you are your own person. I like getting to know you.

I have often heard parents talking about giving their kids what they didn’t have, but I don’t think I truly understood what a gift it is to be able to do that until I became your mom. One of the unique ways that I have been able to is perhaps the simplest, and also the most profound—being with you these past eight months. I’m so grateful to have been adopted, but I have also found so much healing in getting to share in your earliest memories and milestones. I love that you know my face and my voice, and that you’re even starting to respond to my name now. You’ll never have to wonder who I am or how much you’re wanted, because I’m here with you and will tell, or sing it to you, every day.

You are my Auggie, my only Auggie.
You make me happy on all the days.
I hope you know, dear, how much I love you;
It’s more than words can say.

I loveyou loveyou loveyou,

Mama






No comments:

Post a Comment